[TenTec] Pegasus CW Tx filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus CW Tx filter
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:32:30 -0400
George,

> What filter would be set?

That's unclear from any of the documentation that I have (the Pegasus manual
and the Programmers' Reference Guide). I suspect that there is no filtering
done in the DSP. The DSP simply generates a constant frequency RF signal
that is on or off. The only filtering would be the analog low pass filtering
to reduce harmonics.

I can't see any reason for having an adjustable filter here anyways. In Rx,
you can use the filter to eliminate QRM and ajdust for band condx. In Tx,
that's not an issue. I don't see how any filtering at the Tx end would
improve reception at the other end as it might with a SSB signal (high cut /
low cut), so I suspect that this is hard coded into the Pegasus DSP code and
there is no user adjustment.

73,
Mark