[TenTec] Pegasus NB

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus NB
From: rich@1967z28.com (Rich McCabe)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:58:09 -0500
Duane,

Thanks for the great info. I was not even aware that the N4PY software had
the noise reduction until you mentioned it. For whatever reason, I thought
that "noise" button was the on/off for the slider. I am assuming now that
the "noise" button is in fact the noise reduction and not noise blanker.

Carl leaves out some stuff in his documentation (and clearly states that)
which is already covered in the Ten Tec help file, etc. I am sure it makes
sense if you are familiar with Ten Tec's GUI but to be honest, I was so
disappointed with Ten Tec's  that I jumped into Carl's software the first
day.

What prompted all this was I have been playing with the new pegasus plus
software and the button is labeled "Noise Reduction". So, I was trying to
compare two different things. Basically turning on the NR and NB at the same
time on the N4PY software.

Thanks again and 73,

Rich
kd0zv