[TenTec] Re: synthesizers was Omni C

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: synthesizers was Omni C
From: n8coo@juno.com (Charles Mark Cring)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 01:21:41 +0100
Not only did the Paragon use 4 VCOs in the range of 75.1-105 Mhz (50 kHz
steps) ("major loop") it used an additional 120-130 Mhz VCO (2 kHz steps)
divided by 200 to give 10 Hz steps ("minor loop").  It used a high
crystal reference oscillator freq of 42 MHz.  A pretty darned good synth
(for its day) and the receiver turned in some pretty good numbers in the
ARRL product review.

(Yeah, I know.  It's still a synthesizer rig.)   But it's my main rig
here and I'm having a blast with it.

73 de Mark N8COO