[TenTec] IF-DSP: More, less, or more or less? You choose.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] IF-DSP: More, less, or more or less? You choose.
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:38:33 -0700 (PDT)
N8ME asked:
"Don't you think we're getting to the point where
improved performance can only be measured in the
laboratory, not in day to day operation?"

Mark, as a participant in dx contesting and topband
dx'ing my answer would have to be a resounding NO
(sorry for shouting)!  In terms of dynamic range
performance, every amateur rig now & recently on the
market will show its limitations when trying to handle
both the weak signals and VERY strong signals that are
routinely present on the band in dx contests and on
160 meters.  This is especially true if you happen to
have other QRO stations within groundwave propagation.

I look forward to the introduction of the Orion.

73,
Barry N1EU