[TenTec] Jupiter firmware problems.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter firmware problems.
From: attorney@broadcast.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:53:33 -0400
One solution is to post new software/firmware as "BETA TEST ONLY."  If you're
up to it, download the software and be part of a group
who is willing to test drive it and record and report any imperfections to
Ten-Tec.  I suggest that Ten-Tec place a conspicuous
disclaimer on beta releases that by downloading the beta software, "user agrees
to use such software at his or her own risk and user
further agrees to indemnify Ten-Tec from any actual, consequential or
incidental damages."  In fact, this language should accompany
ALL software/firmware downloads.  Once Ten-Tec receives reasonable confirmation
that the software/firmware is working, they would
move it from beta to safe download status.  Seems pretty simple to me.

Paul, W9AC