[TenTec] More Jupiter firmware goodies

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] More Jupiter firmware goodies
From: mnewell1@austin.rr.com (Michael A. Newell, WB4HUC)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 20:53:46 -0500
I'm using v1.23, downloaded and installed a=20
couple of days ago, but these might not
be version specific.

If you press ALT + SWEEP, the radio keeps
sweeping until you press the sweep button
again, then it'll stop.

Press ALT + SPOT, and look at the bottom
line. Watch what happens when you turn
the MULTI control.

Now press the MNU button. Is there a small
delay before the menu appears?

The first time I did this, there was a noticeable
(1 second or so) delay before the menu appeared.

I turned off the radio and powered it up with a=20
reset, and now the delay when pressing the MNU
button is gone after doing ALT + SPOT.

Didn't see either of these things documented
anywhere.

Oh, for you '24' fans, FX network is rerunning
the entire first season (24 episodes, natch)=20
back to back tonight beginning at 11:00 p.m.=20
Central time.

73,

Mike - WB4HUC
Austin, TX