[TenTec] Corsair Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair Filters
From: KD5NWA@MBayona.com (KD5NWA)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:51:48 -0500
I have a simple question for the group, I have a Corsair I and I was
wondering if is possible to change the 9 MHz front end filter (a 220 filter)
for a 217 500Hz filter for use with CW only. Has anyone out there tried it,
and how did it work? I also have a Kenwood TS-450SAT with two 400 Hz filters
and when the bands are crowded it makes a noticeable difference to have the
narrow filter in the front end. I was told by a local ham that it would not
work on a Corsair, but he has never owned a Corsair.

Thanks

Cecil
KD5NWA