[TenTec] Scout module questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout module questions
From: ARDUJENSKI@aol.com (ARDUJENSKI@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:13:16 EDT
I recently purchased a Scout and am pleased with operations but had some
questions regarding the modules:

(1) Some module cases seem to be a bit more snug at sliding into the slot. In
particular these are my 80m and 40m modules. Is this standard or do I need to
lightly sand some of the case down?

(2) The 10m module seems to not dock properly when inserted all the way
(reads 142) but appears to function when inserted about 1/16inch from full
docking. Is there an adjustment? (contacts were all cleaned)

(3) Changing modules I turn the rig off first, but wanted to check and see if
this is necessary/recommended practice.

I am very impressed with this unit--nice marriage of form and function. I can
see why there are a lot of Scout fans

Alan KB7MBI in Woodinville, WA
FISTS 5702  Proud member of ARRL