[TenTec] Scout module questions re power and module change

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout module questions re power and module change
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:09:10 -0500
Well, there is a powered oscillator inside the module, I ALWAYS turn off
power even to low power stages to not hot switch an edge card connector.

Maybe nothing bad happens in 100 tries, but there is always a chance!
(Like a module that sat unused for months and plugging in hot, causes a
current surge to the bypass cap.  Those edge card fingers are only good for
so many arcs).

But, I am from the warm active device set, when hot switching often had
sparktacular and disastrous results!
73,
Stuart K5KVH