[TenTec] [OT] re: 50hz PSK filter?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] [OT] re: 50hz PSK filter?
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:35:17 -0800 (PST)
The ideal goal for these digital modes is to move the
actual decoding of these signals directly to the DSP.
By doing so you eleiminate the introduction of
distortions by the D to A process, a chain audio
amplification, lenghty (relatively speaking) audio
leads potentially picking up noise, a D to A process
(in the computer) and then finally decoding the
signal. Bottom line is digital modes like PSK31, WSJT,
etc. should be handled natively in the DSP circuitry
of the radio itself. Or equally well feed the D to A
digital stream out of the radio to the computer for
processing. There is no good reason to make all of
those conversions to and from the digital realm
several times. The audio output is really only good
for monitoring purposes of us humans.

Duane
N9DG

--- Ken Hopper - Amateur Radio N-9-V-V