[TenTec] Have you Noticed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Have you Noticed
From: res0wsci@verizon.net (William Mansey; WA2PVK)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:56:53 -0400
Hello Bill,
    I have not tried an RX-350 but do have a Jupiter and did have an Omni
VI.  I never had any problems such as you describe.  I have run across SOME
stuff but nothing troublesome.  My main problem was caused by my computer
monitor.  I got rid of the CRT type monitor and now use only the LCD flat
panel displays.  WOW!  What a difference that made!  Absolutely NO NOISE and
much easier on the eyes as well.
    The prices on LCD monitors is coming down nicely and I would strongly
suggest looking into one of these for anyone who either has monitor noise
problems OR spends a lot of time at the computer.  (one MORE suggestion -
get a monitor with a black "frame" around the screen)  You might tend to
think that the color of the case would not matter BUT you would be wrong!
If you look at a "white" monitor you see both the screen and the frame  BUT
if you look at a "black" monitor -  the screen stands out and is all your
eyes focus on.    (this is true regardless of lighting conditions)
    Just my opinion - based on MY observations.  I was looking around for a
dead horse but could not find any!  I did find some other interesting dead
things BUT no horses!    73;  Bill

---