[TenTec] Omni VI+ and Heil mics

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ and Heil mics
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 00:01:23 +0000
I go away for 10 days to tend to some family matters and miss everything.
My question:  I have an Omni VI/3 that's about 9 years old; I run it with a
goldline mic.  On wide, with the mic gain at about 8 or 9 o'clock it seems
to work/sound fine.  ditto with the narrow element.  I have always gotten
great audio reports (okay, great reports _after_ I redid the shack ground
and put a few ferrite chokes on the mic cable).  Is the VI+ different in
design from the VI in some way so there is a Heil compatibility problem with
it that does not exist with the VI?  Or maybe the VI+ in question is in need
of better grounding and a few ferrite chokes?  BTW I don't notice any
drifting in mine (xtal oven).

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
k5uj@hotmail.com