[TenTec] INRAD Audio mod for Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] INRAD Audio mod for Omni VI+
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:04:35 -0500
Haven't asked until now but have thought about it some.  Since the stock
Tentec filter is stated as being 2.4 khz and going to a INRAD 2.8 khz filter
"opens" things up a bit and thus is reported to sound better, I am wondering
if a 3.4 khz filter or 3.8 khz filter wouldn't be even better?  Yes, I
realize that it would impact the RX bandwidth too and would likely make the
signal wider on TX, but in the interest of achieving "hi-fi SSB" this
approach might be worth the effort.

I recall some remarks regarding improved low frequency response when using
the INRAD filters.  I've found that the careful positioning of the SSB
generator carrier frequency on the slope of the filter has a real impact on
the low end.

Thoughts?

73
Bob K4TAX