[TenTec] Open wire

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Open wire
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:24:51 EDT
My experience with open wire line only goes back to 1949 but it pretty well
parallels N4LQ's. I don't want ladder line anywhere close to my shack, or my
neighbors TV's and telephones.

I don't know how much Steve has or had up, but I have two 300 foot runs
feeding half rhombics (Vee beams, if you prefer) through 9:1 Amidon baluns
fed with RG213, right now.

Works FB, but - they are at the farm and over a thousand feet from a
neighbor, 100 feet from my rigs, and the baluns are twenty plus feet off the
ground. No TVI complaints - and I don't have a telephone of any sort on the
place.

Here at the house? No thanks, been there, done that, never again. I prefer
peace and quiet and midnight telephone calls when the guy next door cannot
watch the "adult" channel is not conducive to that. Or to a decent
sweepstakes score.

73 to all  Pete Allen  AC5E