[TenTec] Omni-VI & Samlex SEC1223 Power Supply?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-VI & Samlex SEC1223 Power Supply?
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:48:50 -0400
Jeff:
I had not heard of Samlex until your post. I went to their web page and
looked it over. I see where RadioDan has them for $99 which seems like a
real deal.
I have one of the little MFJ's as can be seen here:
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-4125
I have not found any RFI thus far at least on the ham bands. One time it
developed a hum and I found a bad solder joint inside which fixed it. It's
about half the size of the Samlex and close to the same weight and price. A
friend of mine has this same supply with meters. He has trouble with RF
getting into it.
These MFJ's do have a fan but it's fairly quiet. 73
Steve Ellington N4LQ.