[TenTec] RE: check your repairs / pegasus leaky finals - followup

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: check your repairs / pegasus leaky finals - followup
From: kenb@brookner.com (Ken Brookner)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:57:16 -0700
I wanted to post some additional information regarding my service issues
with TenTec.

Yesterday I received a note from TenTec to expect a loaner Pegasus to
use for the coming contest.  They would ship it to arrive in time for
the CQ WW phone contest this weekend.  They realized that they had
mistakenly sent my serviced unit via ground (instead of 2nd day) and
that it probably would not arrive in time.

Today, I received the loaner Pegasus--shipped UPS overnight.

I'm impressed, to say the least.  I'm not a "big gun" contester, though
I enjoy doing the best I can.  I doubt that most other amateur
transceiver manufacturers would have done this for me.

I am extremely grateful to them for providing me a loaner rig to use,
fully at their cost.  Their hearts are in the right place and I want to
thank them publicly.

kenb, KY5G