[TenTec] RF Gain (was Argonaut Review)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF Gain (was Argonaut Review)
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:24:12 -0700 (PDT)
> I do not miss an adjustable RF Gain, I never or at
> least not very often used
> the adjustable RF Gain on any rig.

I'm with Bob.  I use the RF Gain a lot more than the
AF Gain.  I like running RF Gain at 12 to 2 o'clock to
help restore a little dynamic range to the AF - so
weak signals sound somewhat weaker than really strong
signals, and you can hear a little inflection in the
ssb voices.  Running at max RF gain just flattens all
the sigs out, as well as making the rx susceptible to
front end overload.

73,
Barry N1EU