[TenTec] Power Power Power - revisited..

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power Power Power - revisited..
From: bigmack@usa.net (Robert)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:31:57 -0500
OK, as I stated before (and thanks EVERYBODY for the helpful hints) the
unit (OMNI VI+ with a 961 power supply and a 238 tuner talking to a HyGain
Super Thunderbird Yagi)  Trips the 961 power supply if I open the power up
to the max.. I hadnt thought about it before, but this time after I checked
the SWR (on the 238, the OMNI and an outboard Raddido Shack digital in-line
SWR/Power meter)  I switched everything over to forward power mode and
Holy-RF Batman, I am pushing 135-145 watts out over all the meters.. HUH???
This rig is rated at about 100 watts.. I am running at 75-80% on the power
knob at 14.313 the 238 is in position 1 and the roller is almost all the
way to the left (down).. Any takers NOW???  ;)

Robert McAdams
KA5PPX - General Class
Ten Tec Omni VI+  &  Drake R8B
HyGain SuperThunderbird Yagi @70'
BC245XLT, DX-398  & highly mod-ed Pro-2006