[TenTec] Pegasus vs. Argonaut V - CW Filter Bandwidth

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus vs. Argonaut V - CW Filter Bandwidth
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:03:00 -0500
I certainly would like narrower filters and/or better skirts on the existing
Pegasus filters. I was told by TenTec that  narrower filters would require
more DSP processing, which isn't available in the Pegasus. I'm assuming that
since the Argonaut V is 4+ years newer than the Pegasus, it has more DSP
processing capability, hence the narrower filter.

Still, if TT would release the code to the Pegasus DSP, I'm sure someone
could figure how to squeeze more filtering out of it...

73,
Mark