[TenTec] Orion DSP Filtering & AGC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion DSP Filtering & AGC
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:40:09 -0800 (PST)
I was just looking at Doug Smith's tech notes at
http://www.doug-smith.net/orion.htm

If I'm reading it correctly, all DSP filtering in the
Orion is outside of the AGC loop.  Guess I didn't look
closely before and had just assumed (oops) that this
wouldn't be the case.  Perhaps this is a non-issue
with the narrow roofing filters.  From Scott's recent
brief comment, it sounds like the AGC operation will
be very, very good indeed.

Appreciate anyone else shedding some light on this or
informative comments.

Thanks & 73,

Barry N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg