[TenTec] OakGrigsby Optical Encoder

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OakGrigsby Optical Encoder
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:46:53 EST
The encoders in the three kits I still have were quite  different physically
from the ones in the factory 301 s I have, or in the Omni's.

The kit encoders were very similar to a Clarostat 2 Watt potentiometer, with
three leads. The shaft was a standard 1/4" shaft, just a bit too long to
allow the drag function of the stock Omni tuning knob to engage.

I did confirm the wiring on the kit, which is as follows

The hookup from the DB-25 to the encoder is

pin 16  5 V+

pin  8   encoder phase 1

pin  5   encoder phase 2

pin  1   chassis ground

pin  14  chassis ground

Of course, any encoder that will function properly on 5 V should be usable.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E