[TenTec] WOW SERVICE on ARGO V!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WOW SERVICE on ARGO V!
From: k4wj@bellsouth.net (John/K4WJ)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:57:24 -0500
At 11:18 AM 11/23/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I was wondering when someone would put 2+2 together and figure out that
>touting GREAT service for a month old radio might not really be such a
>great thing to brag about, assuming of course that the user didn't break
>it...

Jeff

You appear to be comparing "service" with "reliability" and these are two
different issues.

The reliability factor measures how long between failures. You sure don't
want a new rig to fail soon after you put it on the air. However, the
manufacturer doesn't exist that doesn't have some rate of new rig failures.
They strive to keep the number as low as possible.

The service factor measures how well the servicing company repairs the rig
and how long it takes them to return it to you.

So if your new Orion fails soon after you receive it, it isn't a servicing
issue, it is a reliability issue.

Great Service is Great Service!
73..de John/K4WJ
   John/K4WJ in Pembroke Pines, FL