[TenTec] Scrounging!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scrounging!
From: hglent@ix.netcom.com (HGLENT)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 08:06:12 -0700
This is kind of off list, but it should be OK since I'm using a TT
radio... :-)

I have an APDS digi here on the mountain that uses one of the older TT 2
meter rigs.  It works great!  The digi also has a weather reporting
computer connected to it and regularly beacons the weather data.

Last summer a lightning strike here in the rocks got the weather
computer, consequently the digi is working fine, but not reporting the
weather.  I scrounged up an old 386 clone to use.  I found the 386 has
only one comma port, and no way to get a second port out of the card.
Since the wax app runs in DOS I need to find one of the old type of
hardware setup I/O cards with 2 comma ports.

Does anyone out there have one of these old cards laying around, or even
an old 286 or 386 with 2 ports I could scrounge?  I know this seems like
not a big thing, but that old stuff is like hens teeth to find now.

I would be happy to pay the freight etc. to get this thing back up and
running, as this digi is on top of my mountain and provides service over
a 250 mile radius.

If you would like to see some of the weather reports, there is a web
site     www.wxqa.com     that posts the data.  My site is listed as
BAGG Mountain.

Thanks in advance for the help on this.

Paul K.