[TenTec] Century 21 Receive question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 21 Receive question
From: rod_pruner@yahoo.com (Rod Pruner)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:44:37 -0800 (PST)
Given that the Century 21 is a DC receiver,
is it common to hear strong out of band
signals that are not affected by tuning?
Here's what I have. On 20 meters I am hearing
a strong SWBC signal at all points on the 20 meter
band. Using another receiver I have identified the
signal as a very strong S9 +10dB SWBC on 13.640mHz. I
have also heard other similiar strong signals on
various 13.6xx mHz frequencies in the same way.
Is this an example of the common "blowby" problem in
the DC type of receivers ?

Thanks for any info.
Rod, KN3ZOG

=====