[TenTec] Scout Meter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Meter
From: benk8dit@serv.net (Ben K8DIT)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:48:56 -0800
Can someone say if the Scout has an internal lamp in the meter?
Incidentally, Ive been using my Scout with a Metron Amp, I'm getting 600W
out on most bands as measured with a Heathkit 4120 Wattmeter, on most bands.
I dont use the amp on all bands, but I do use it on 40m, 20m,
17m, 15m, and 10m, with good results. The Scout is putting out 50W on these
bands, and while I dont always need the amp, its nice to have when the band
is QSB. It does not work at all on cw w/o modifying the t/r
relay on the Metron.