[TenTec] Year's end thoughts re Tentec gear, life, and ham radio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Year's end thoughts re Tentec gear, life, and ham radio
From: k7gt@attbi.com (k7gt@attbi.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:11:57 +0000
Greetings all and Happy New Year.

I have done enough buying and selling of Tentec (and other) gear on this
reflector
recently that I felt I ought to say a few words of thanks to the gang. Thanks
for putting up
with me. Thanks for posting your gear for sale here rather than on eBay. Thanks
for
working out a deal  and visa versa.  Thanks for sharing your experiences and
ideas
for improvements. The dust is almost settled and I should soon have two
complete
Tentec stations with QSK amps for an attempt at making up a SO2R setup.  Also a
complete spare Corsair I station. Even my  QRP rig is a Tentec!

Tentec gear isn't perfect by any means, but at least the innards are
accessible. And,
with the help of this reflector and TT service, it is probably the friendliest
radio gear
available.

Life has taught us all a few bitter lessons in the past few years. Our family
in particular
greatly misses our father who passed away in February.  Many of us will be
facing these
issues even more as many of us from the 'Baby Boom' generation age and retire.
suppose the take-home lesson here is to live fully, thankfully, and cheerfully
while we
have our loved ones with us.

Let's try to be a bit more forgiving, a bit more understanding, a bit more
patient this
year.  Yes, and a bit more tolerant, too.  Even I pick up a mike once in a
while...
Let's likewise try to get on the air a bit more, push Amateur Radio, and use it
for what it
can truly be-- a way to communicate with others, make new friends, renew
friendships,
and learn from others. And not neglect those more important people in our
lives.

73 and God bless..

dit dit

Allan  K7GT