[TenTec] Strange Behavior of Omni-6+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Strange Behavior of Omni-6+
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 21:29:24 -0500
During the 10m contest, I noticed what I would consider odd behavior of
my Omni 6+ in the CW mode.

In this contest, I was using an external keyer (CMOS Superkeyer 2
[Logikeyer]).  Whenever I stopped sending, the audio came back in a
"woosh" as if the radio all of a sudden woke up!

It made me think that maybe the radio was deaf or going deaf
until/unless I keyed it, after which it woke up!

Am I reading too much into this, or did I experience a real problem?

73 and thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC