[TenTec] Orion question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion question
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 04:33:09 -0800 (PST)
Tim, if you ask 50 guys who've ordered Orions you'll
probably get 50 answers but here's some features that
attract me.  The Orion looks to be better or MUCH
better than the competition in each of these:

1. Made by a company that actually answers the phone
when it rings
2. Robust front end design with very low phase noise
3. Diversity reception capability - I want to try this
on 160M - no other stock rig does this
4. Configurability of many operating parameters (DSP)
- filtering, AGC, keying and TX EQ especially
interesting to me
5. SSB/AM Hi-Fi capable out of the box
6. Contesting potential ("SO2R in a box")

Check out all the info on Ten-Tec and Doug Smith Web
sites.

GL & H2K3,
Barry N1EU