[TenTec] Mics for Omni VI/3 -- Thanks

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mics for Omni VI/3 -- Thanks
From: robert.dwiggins@alumni.utexas.net (Robert Dwiggins II)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:26:00 -0600
Hello All,

Many thanks to those of you in the group who responded to my query regarding
appropriate microphones for the Omni VI/3.  I received many responses, both
to my personal e-mail and also to the entire group.  The input was great and
was very much appreciated.

Most of you indicated that the Tentec 705 microphone was a good choice for
the Omni.  Several of you had good things to say about the Heil microphones.
Rob, K5UJ mentioned that lots of the problems with mics other than the
Tentec 705 might be the result of RF sneaking back into the radio and mic
circuits.  I suspect Rob might be right in this.

The Omni isn't on the air yet because I'm remodeling the house into which
it's going.  I bought a 701 handheld mic from Tentec just so that I'd have
something to use with the Omni once I get it operational.  Once I get my
feet wet with the Omni, I'll get something better.

Again, many thanks to all who responded.  The people in this reflector are a
great resource.

73,

Bob WA5IHZ