[TenTec] Jupiter & Rx 320 Combo

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter & Rx 320 Combo
From: gary-jacek@telus.net (Gary Jacek)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:42:53 -0800
Brian

I've only been using my Jupiter+RX320+N4PY for a short while.  (Since Dec 23rd)

The RX320 is just slightly less sensitive when compared to the Jupiter, and the
filtering
doesn't seem to be quite as effective.  My installation is very
antenna-restricted, so
your mileage may vary.

When you run the N4PY software and do a sweep using the RX320, you will notice
that
it takes about twice as long to complete a sweep when compared to the Jupiter
performing
the same function.  I believe this is a limitation of the serial port interface
from the RX320 to the PC.
The Jupiter supports a higher data transfer rate than the RX320.

If you can afford a second Jupiter, go for it!  Otherwise, I think the RX320
gets you
95 percent of the receive function for a fraction of the cost of a second
Pegasus/Jupiter.

I bought the RX320 for shortwave listening.  I was so impressed that I bought a
Jupiter to complement it.

I think you'll be generally pleased by adding the RX320 to your station.
Thats is, pleased until TenTec announces the RX325 next week with both USB and
Ethernet connectivity.

Gary
VE7GGJ