[TenTec] Perspective on RX-340, Collins R390A and Halli. SX-28

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Perspective on RX-340, Collins R390A and Halli. SX-28
From: tlogan7@cox.net (tlogan7@cox.net)
Date: Thu Jan 23 10:34:23 2003
Hi folks -
Can some one give me a non-technical historical perspective on how these three
receivers would compare if lined up side by side with ABC testing on the same
antenna? The Hallicrafter was early to mid forties; the Collins early 50's and
the RX340 current. Ignoring bells and whistles and operator conveniences, how
different are these receivers in their ability to hear? Did the Halli and the
Collins pick up SSB in the same way a modern receiver does or were they pre-ssb
(or right in the beginning of that technology)? I don't know if any of you have
the knowledge to cover all those "periods" but I would love to get a better
perspective on the development our ability to listen. Thanks.
73/Tim NZ7C