[TenTec] TT and staying on freq

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT and staying on freq
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Thu Jan 23 11:49:09 2003
Use the PRO2 as a reference frequency source to determine the
dial-frequency error of the Corsair. If you can make any sort of
mechanical or electrical adjustment, perhaps on a band basis, then
perhaps you can at least reduce the dial error. "In the old days" most
receivers had a mechanical cursor that could be moved to compensate
for dial non-linearities and errors using the built-in crystal
calibrator.

I have an Elecraft K2 and although it uses a form of digital tuning,
the dial calibration can be off by 20 to 200 Hz over the entire
frequency range of 160 - 10. So I use the PRO2 to find out where the
K2 is really receiving or transmitting. I also have a fairly decent HP
counter on the operating desk which can measure the K2 transmit
frequency very accurately.

Bandaids, of course, but the older analog gear can still be made
useful and fun.

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
K2 #489  IC-765 #2349 IC-756 PRO  #2121 IC-756 PRO2 #3235