[TenTec] Be Careful Updating

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Be Careful Updating
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Sun Jan 26 23:52:18 2003
Ken, if I recall correctly, the technical term for that situation is
"Ooops!"

Is there any internal diagnostic that will run that would reset the
comm port? Or is the internal computer completely disabled? Can you do
any sort of reset from the front panel controls and regain comm port
activity or access to any diagnostics?

Sounds like the internal computer world is - to use another technical
term - "gefached."

Sorry to hear of your predicament, Ken. Guess that UPS ride back to TN
is inevitable if the capability for a reset recovery in the field  was
not implemented.

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
K2 #489  IC-765 #2349 IC-756 PRO  #2121 IC-756 PRO2 #3235