[TenTec] Corsair II AGC - had pop? If so, mods?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II AGC - had pop? If so, mods?
From: geraldj@isunet.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Wed Jan 29 14:53:21 2003
If I run it will full RF gain on a really good antenna and fast AGC
there can be some popping on really strong CW. There's enough time delay
in the 16 poles of filter that the gain control before the filter can't
cut back on signal already propagating through the filters. If I run
with RF attenuator of (RF stage disconnected) and the RF gain backed off
a little and slow AGC there's no popping and I still copy all possible
signals.

73, Jerry, K0CQ
--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer.
Reproduction by permission only.