[TenTec] Jupiter SWR, and VSWR generally

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter SWR, and VSWR generally
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Wed Jan 29 22:06:50 2003
George,

I agree 100 percent with your analysis.  That being said, I've never seen a
real world situation where the SWR that you read didn't change when you
changed the coax length.  It makes me think that the SWR meters we have are
only rough approximations and don't really computer SWR properly.  Also, I
think currents on the outside of the coax shield are more prevalent than we
think.  This current could be a major contributor to SWR changing when the
coax length changes.  Anyway, it's an interesting discussion.  The
theoretical verses real world does seem to be misaligned in the SWR case.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC