[TenTec] Twenty Meter Net Reminder

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Twenty Meter Net Reminder
From: mnewell1@austin.rr.com (Michael A. Newell, WB4HUC)
Date: Thu Feb 6 22:50:24 2003
Folks,

Don't forget the twenty meter users'
net which will be this Sunday, Feb. 09,
on 14.330 mhz, at:

2130Z, or

1630 Eastern
1530 Central
1330 Pacific

I'll be the net control station this week.

We've been keeping a list of stations who have
checked in since the net restarted. Not everyone
checks in every week of course, but here's
some information I gathered from looking through
the list:

We've had representation from 39 states, 3 Canadian
provinces, and one foreign station (Basil, 8P6GY, from
Barbados).

We don't have equipment used for every station, but
in counting up the ones we do have, I counted:

50 stations using Jupiters
24 stations using OMNI VI (including OMNI VI Plus)

and some of these stations probably have both.

The Jupiter and OMNI VI show up on the list the most,
but almost every other SSB-capable rig is represented.

Just a few fun facts about our net.

73,

Mike - WB4HUC
Austin, TX