[TenTec] Another further re new Argo V

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Another further re new Argo V
From: toffe@svenstedt.com (Christopher Svenstedt)
Date: Tue Feb 11 14:05:50 2003
Hi,

The Argo V finally reached the north pool. Well, not precisely... Sweden
might be close enough ugh...

I've hade my Argo v1.04 for 3 weeks now. Compared to my Icom 706 (version 1)
the Argo is a whole lot
more "radio". TenTec (in my eyes) represents something of quality that is so
hard to find these days in
the pile of flashy rise boxes. Feels really great to own a rig like this.
(Nope, the don't pay me...)

Some problems though. At several occasions the transceiver resets itself to
default
values. When I switch of the Argo I get a very loud transient that I believe
might have some
impact, so I now turn of the power supply first to see if that makes any
difference.

I've contacted TenTec about the matter and they wrote that it will be a
software update out in a near future
(days) that might correct the problem (beside my theory).

Anyone else out there with a "spiky" Argo?

Regards /SM5VXC