[TenTec] Planetary reduction drive on Titan

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Planetary reduction drive on Titan
From: george.skoubis@verizon.net (George Skoubis)
Date: Fri Mar 7 22:17:34 2003
Hi,

  Mine is one of the older 425's (purchased from AES when they were
still dealers, I think it's at least 15 years old)...

  Both the load and plate knobs still turn with no noticeable binding or
looseness.

  My P.S. caps are still the originals.  I have had a relay in the power
supply replaced and replaced the small power supply diodes with the
larger ones as in the later model 425's.  Oh, and the meter bulbs have
been replaced as well as the operate LED.

  Still using the original tubes...

  I would be surprised if anything is actually worn out, I agree that it
is probably just old stiff grease...

Good luck,

George / KF9YR