[TenTec] Omni V Audio improvement

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Audio improvement
From: Jeff.Modlin@earthlink.net (Jeff Modlin)
Date: Sat Mar 8 14:02:08 2003
I had been running a stock Kenwood TS-440s for some time and have just
stepped-up to an Omni V.   To my disappointment I have not been getting
as good of an audio report with the Ten-Tec rig.  Both radios are using
the original hand-held microphone.

Recognizing all of the benefits of the OMNI; I would like to upgrade the
microphone to resolve the issue.  I have heard of a myriad of solutions
that lead to Hi-Fi audio but would rather keep it simple and keep the
cost of the fix less than the cost of the radio :-).  Any suggestions as
to a good solution and sources for the hardware are appreciated.

Thanks and 73 de Jeffrey Modlin
KD4ZNC in Coral Springs, Florida USA

E-mail:  KD4ZNC@arrl.net

Coordinates: 26? 14' 30'' N,    80? 15' 28'' W

Grid: EL96uf