[TenTec] Re:Omni VI Plus Filters needed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re:Omni VI Plus Filters needed
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Sat Mar 8 19:47:30 2003
Hi, Jan,

For 6.3 MHz I have all the filters, but for cw, 95% of the time I use
2.4 kHz or 500 Hz. I use the 250 Hz on occasion when conditions are
really bad. I used to use 250 Hz a lot when I had a lot of 2RN traffic
to copy in the winter. Its good for one-on-one, but a a little too
narrow for nets because not everyone  is zero beat. The 1.8 can be
considered as a wide cw filter but is really most useful as a narrow SSB
filter. If you have a good filter in the first IF, the PBT will work
really well, too.

                        73,
                        Bwana Bob