[TenTec] air pax placement

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] air pax placement
From: k9ot@mhtc.net (Paul DeWitte K9OT)
Date: Tue Mar 11 09:19:03 2003
We use some Astron SS30M power supplies here for some of our rigs. We bought
several Air Pax breakers and have made up some power cords to interchange
between radios. We started out putting the Air Pax in the positive line on a
short piece about 8 inches long  cut in the middle and the breaker inserted
there with an Anderson power pole on the end. Both neg & pos same length (8
inches). Then another set of Anderson power poles on a piece about 3 1/2
feet long with the appropriate connector for each radio on the long run.
This lets us interchange radios without having to disconnect the breaker
from the supply each time we want to switch radios. If you get a cable made
up from T T it will have #14 wire and that is only good for 15 amps, we used
# 10 which is probably over kill but less voltage drop. Just for safety we
use a breaker on all rigs. After all that, our breakers are at the power
supply.

As for switch knobs, T T has always put a .05 cent knob on all of their
equipment. I have had many break and have replaced several with R S knobs
that do not match but work much better. A brass insert in the knob would
take care of all that. (Personal opinion only).

73 Paul K9OT