[TenTec] OmniVI Opt3/OmniVI Plus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OmniVI Opt3/OmniVI Plus
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Tue Mar 11 09:55:26 2003
WB4OQL wrote "I recently purchased a Omni 6 with
Option 3.  I talked with Ten Tec at the Charlotte
Hamfest and they told me that with Option 3 there is
no difference between the Omni 6 and the Omni 6+.
Performance wise they are the same. Hope that answers
your question."

That's the short answer to it.  The long answer
involves the fact that the Omni 6 evolved over the
years, as all designs do, and the later production
units had some subtle improvements.

This question comes up every 6 months or so on the
reflector, and there's lots of information in the
archives.  For example, try pasting this address (all
one line) into your browser and you'll get enough info
links to keep you reading for quite a while:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=site%3Alists.contesting.com+tentec+%22563+vs+564+%22&btnG=Google+Search

This is simply a search at www.google.com using
"site:lists.contesting.com" and "563 vs 564" as the
search key.

73,
Barry N1EU