[TenTec] Airpax breaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Airpax breaker
From: bstephens1@mindspring.com (robert k stephens)
Date: Tue Mar 11 20:36:35 2003
Tnx to everyone for your different answers. I already have fuses on the
PS/battery end of my DC cables (both mobile and AC power) so I should be
protected from problems on that end. As I  understand it, the Corsair does
not have a fold down  feature, so therefore the Airpax breaker is for
protection of the finals (the manual says a fuse alone will not protect the
finals).  According to the manual the Corsair on/off switch does not work
without a TT PS so the breaker becomes the effective on/off switch. Having
that switch near the rig is more convenient. It would be particularly
inconvenient to locate the breaker/on/off switch on the battery end of the
mobile installation <g>. Therefore, I think I'll put the breaker next to
the rig and fuses on the power end.

Tnx agn
Bob KB1CIW