[TenTec] Front end problem: OmniVI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Front end problem: OmniVI
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Fri Mar 14 18:33:18 2003
Hi Grant, and the list -

I have a small board that a G station created as an alternative product
detector for the OMNI VI, designed to prevent problems like this.  There
is some mixing that goes on within the passband that really makes things
chaotic when there are a few strong ones nearby.  I believe Ten Tec did
some small changes to adjust their product detector circuit later.

Also, there is a really simple mod for the 2nd order IMD on the bandpass
filter board as I recall.  It involves 2 or three components, I know I
have it somewhere around here.  It was a mod for early units.

These are the only two ideas I have.  Let me know if you don't have that
little 2nd order mod, I can dig it out, it is very simple.  The product
detector changes I do not know about, but I had heard that they occurred.

Clark
WA3JPG