[TenTec] Re: [TenTec ]oops- was Corsair 10-10 mobile

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [TenTec ]oops- was Corsair 10-10 mobile
From: bstephens1@mindspring.com (robert k stephens)
Date: Sat Mar 15 17:01:19 2003
I broke my Corsair.

I was pretty busy this morning and by the time I was able to test the
Corsair the contest was half over and I was very anxious to start operating.

I plugged everything in and was very pleased to see the Corsair light up. I
then went to change the mode switch. It felt a little stiff. A calm, sober,
intelligent person would have checked to see what was wrong, but I was an
excited , anxious person so I of course chose to put a little more pressure
on the knob .

I seem to have broken the wafer part of the switch.  I took the cover off
to take a look, but the switch is buried in the middle of everything so I
can't see it. The switch only clicks on one position (cw) and when  my
friend stuck his  finger up there where I thought the switch would be he
could feel the wires wiggling around when I tried to turn the knob . I
apparently  broke the "wafer".

I am not a competent technician and tend to be rather impatient with these
things so I think my best bet is to  send it off to Tenn. , let
them  fix  it, and turn the knobs a bit more gently when I get it back.
Unless you folks think this is a *very easy job for a beginner , I think
I'll let the pros fix it - besides my "to do" list is already quite long.

Oh well...
I'll check the Corsair into the net in April <g>.

73 -Bob Kb1CIW

p.s. hey the band was pretty dead anyway ;-)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>