[TenTec] virus ??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] virus ??
From: res0wsci@verizon.net (WILLIAM MANSEY; WA2PVK)
Date: Tue Mar 18 20:21:54 2003
Hi Richard,
    Yes - AVG is pretty darn effective.  Who knows where that virus came
from - if it really is/was a virus.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Talking
about "safe" - I have an external hard drive that I backup to regularly.
This external drive is disconnected at all other times. I think that this is
quarantine enough to protect my "stuff".  The price of hard drives is quite
reasonable now and it is a good idea to use such a device.  Even a second
internal hard drive is good to have.  (got one of those too!)
    This may seem unnecessary - UNTIL you have a hard disk failure.  Talk
about the "Mother of all Sick Feelings" !  Sorry for getting away from the
true spirit of the Reflector.  Just figured that this was worth it.  73,
Bill
res0wsci@verizon.net

---