[TenTec] Argosy II problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy II problem
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Mon Mar 24 21:59:31 2003
Stuart has a very good point.  I have been bitten, and am a former
unbeliever.  The antenna switch or even antenna contacts can do this.
Similarly, a really big loop with no isolation on the outside of a coax
feed can bring in tremendous AM BC signals to the rig.  I had a LOT of
BC problems and cured them by removing my antenna switch and going
direct to the line.   I found I could also reduce the problems by a good
line isolator on the coax feed.  Interesting stuff.

Clark
WA3JPG