[TenTec] Fw: Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Orion
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Fri Apr 4 11:37:55 2003
If you look at the ACCY jack on the Pegasus and Jupiter, you'll notice an
unused pin (pin 5). If you look at the schematic for the Pegasus, that pin
is labelled Mark / Space, so it looks like that was originally designed for
FSK operation. I suspect that FSK operation could be enabled via a firmware
update. I suspect that it was decided with the advent of computer soundcards
and the newer modes reducing RTTY's popularity it didn't make sense to
support FSK.

Another issue. On some radios, more appropriate receive filtering was
available when using FSK, whereas you had to use voice filtering to use
AFSK. That's not an issue with the Pegasus, and I assume not with the Orion.

73,
Mark