[TenTec] Jupiter & PSK31

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter & PSK31
From: w4njf@midflorida.com (Bill Fulling)
Date: Sat Apr 5 19:34:10 2003
Hell oKen,
I run my Jupiter on PSK-31 w/o any interface except a "rat shack" 1:1
isolation xfmr in the xmit audio line.The sound card settings can be very
touchy,and I highly recommend that you use a Heathkit monitor scope (eg
HO-10 or SB-610) set them up.Using VOX is a real pain in the butt,but my
program (WinPSKse) does not allow direct PTT keying-while in Peg emulation
mode.If you use the Jupe as a straight Jupiter,direct PTT keying is possible
if you use the hombrew interface shown on pg 2-6 of theARRL's HF Digital
handbook. Try it and see-the parts cost about $5.00 at the Shack.
73 de Bill W4NJF

Bill Fulling
w4njf@email.midflorida.com