[TenTec] Jupiter & PSK31

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter & PSK31
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sun Apr 6 21:39:01 2003
Here again is an issue where the output of the sound card is simply too high
to deal with correctly.  Hence the settings are "very touchy" which means
that they are most likely at the bottom of their range.  A 1:1 isolation
xfmr in the TX audio line is probably OK but I suggest adding a 20 dB
resistive pad between the soundcard output and the radio input.  Preferably
between the transformer and the radio so that any humm induced in the
transformer will be attenuated by 20 dB as well.  Using that, the sound card
levels can be adjusted upward and thus the s/n ratio will be preserved.
I've always used VOX with no problems at all.  Most likely the ills are
caused by the audio level not being correct and likely overdriving the VOX
amp.

73
Bob, K4TAX